Congratulations Rob for earning athlete of the month November 2018!
• When did you become a member of Starforce CrossFit?
I joined in April 2017 when I began relocating from London to Brig.
• What is you favorite WOD/movement?
I really like endurance WODs (30 mins+) without any breaks – just getting in the zone and working through.
• What is your least favorite WOD/movement?
The weakest area of my training is anything related to gymnastic movements – as I am quietly competitive, this makes it my least favourite but at the same it is great to have a challenge.
• What helps you get through tough WOD’s?
Loud music really helps me as well as seeing all the other athletes working hard and supporting each other.
• What is your athletic background?
I competed in track and field for many years as well as cross-country running during the winters. Later, I spent nearly 10 years rowing in London, competing at the club level.
• How has CrossFit impacted your life?
I have always enjoyed training as part of community and CrossFit makes that very easy. It is also much easier to manage than other sports as the classes are very focussed and because of its popularity now, it is quite easy to find a box when travelling.
• What is your eating style?
Undisciplined and needs significant focus!
• What do you do when you are not at Starforce CrossFit?
During the summer I enjoy hiking and during the winter I snowboard. I am passionate about travelling and love visiting new places.
• How many times per week do you workout?
On average, 4 – 5 times per week
• What do you like most about Starforce CrossFit?
Everything – dedicated and knowledgeable coaches, friendly atmosphere, superb facility / equipment and even an app to track your progress and measure against others!
• What advice would you give someone just getting started at Starforce CrossFit?
Nearly all my training kit is Nike so all I can say is… Just Do It!